Do you have a petite frame? If so, finding the perfect bra can be a real challenge. Lucky for you, we've put together a list of the best bras for petite frames. From underwire to wireless bras, we've got you covered! So whether you're looking for a comfortable everyday bra or something special for a special occasion, we've got you covered. Keep reading to learn more!
- BrandVanity Fair
Maidenform One Fab Fit Underwire Bra, Push-Up T-Shirt Bra, Modern Demi Bra, Lightly Padded Bra with Convertible Straps, Black, 34DView on Amazon
Maidenform Pure Comfort Lace Bralette, Padded Wireless Bra, Convertible Longline Halter Bralette with Soft Foam Cups, Paris Nude, 34BView on Amazon
4 Pieces Neck Bralettes Wireless Cami Bra Tank Top Bra Sports Bra for Women Girls (Black, Green, Dark Grey, Pink,Small)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying bras for petite frame
Having a petite frame means having a smaller-than-average bust. This can make finding the right bra size and style a challenge. There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for bras if you have a petite frame:
1. Make sure the band fits snugly around your ribcage. A too-loose band will cause the bra to ride up and provide little support.
2. Avoid styles with bulky padding or extra embellishments. These can add extra bulk and make your chest appear larger than it is.
3. Look for bras with straps that are close-set together. This will help prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.
4. Opt for plunge or push-up styles if you want to create the illusion of a larger bust.
5. Choose a bra with a small back panel. This will help prevent the band from riding up and provide more support.
6. Avoid bras with wide-set straps, as they can cause the band to ride up and provide little support.
7. Look for bras that are designed specifically for petite frames. These styles will often have narrower bands and smaller cups to better fit your proportions.
8. Pay attention to the material of the bra. A too-stretchy material can cause the bra to lose its shape quickly and provide less support.
9. Make sure the cups fit snugly against your skin without gaping or wrinkling.
10. The underwire should lie flat against your chest and not dig into your skin.
11. The straps should be adjustable to ensure a comfortable, customized fit.
12. Avoid bras with overly complicated closures, as they can be difficult to fasten and adjust.
How to care for your bras?
Once you've found the perfect bras for your petite frame, you'll want to make sure you take good care of them to prolong their lifespan. Here are a few tips:
1. Only hand wash your bras or put them on the delicate cycle if washing them in the machine.
2. Use a mild detergent and avoid using fabric softener, as this can break down the material of the bra and cause it to lose its shape.
3. Lay your bras flat to dry or hang them up by the straps to air dry. Avoid putting them in the dryer, as this can damage the material.
4. Store your bras in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Avoid storing them in humid places, as this can cause the material to break down and lose its shape.
5. Don't store your bras in plastic bags, as this can cause the material to break down over time.
6. Inspect your bras regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as stretched-out straps or holes in the fabric.
7. Replace your bras every six months to a year to ensure they're providing the best possible support.
In short, having the best bras for your petite frame means finding styles that fit well and provide adequate support. Pay attention to the band, cups, straps, and back panel to ensure a comfortable and flattering fit. Be sure to take good care of your bras by hand washing them and storing them properly to prolong their lifespan. With a little bit of effort, you can find the perfect bras for your petite frame!