Worried about the sun and heat ruining your hike? Or maybe you're looking for a little extra warmth on a cold day. A hat is a great way to add some extra comfort and protection to your outdoor adventure, no matter what the weather! Check out our list of the best hats for hiking, so you can keep your head and ears covered while enjoying nature.
Muryobao Women Ponytail Summer Sun Hat Wide Brim UV Hats Floppy Bucket Cap for Safari Beach Fishing Gardening Pure GreyView on Amazon
EINSKEY Men's Waterproof Sun Hat, Outdoor Sun Protection Bucket Safari Cap For Safari Fishing Hunting Dark Gray One SizeView on Amazon
Wide Brim Sun Hat for Men/Women, UPF 50+ Waterproof Bucket Hat UV Protection Boonie Hat for Fishing Camping Hiking Garden Dark GreyView on Amazon
KPWIN Women's Ponytail Bucket Hat Outdoor UV Protection Foldable Mesh Wide Brim Beach Fishing Hat (Watermelon Red)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 things to look for when buying hats for hiking
When you go hiking, one of the most important pieces of gear that you need is a good hat. Not only will it keep the sun out of your eyes and off your face, but it will also protect you from the wind and rain. Here are ten things to look for when buying hats for hiking.
1) Look for a hat that is made from breathable fabric. You don't want a hat that is going to make you sweat, so look for one that is made from mesh or other breathable materials.
2) Make sure the hat has a brim. This will help keep the sun out of your eyes and off your face. Popular brim shapes include wide-brimmed, baseball-style, and cowboy hats.
3) Choose a hat that is waterproof. If you are hiking in the rain, you'll want a hat that can keep your head dry. Waterproof materials include Gore-Tex and nylon.
4) Look for a hat with a chin strap. This will help keep the wind from blowing your hat off of your head.
5) Make sure the hat is adjustable. You'll want to be able to adjust the fit of the hat so that it is comfortable to wear. Hats with an adjustable back are ideal.
6) Choose a light-colored hat. A light-colored hat will reflect heat better than a dark-colored one, keeping you cooler in the sun.
7) If you'll be hiking in cold weather, look for a hat with ear flaps. These will help keep your ears warm and protected from the wind.
8) Make sure the hat is comfortable to wear. You'll be wearing it for hours at a time, so make sure it doesn't pinch or rub in any uncomfortable ways.
9) Choose a hat that matches your personal style. There are all sorts of different hats available, so find one that you like the look of.
10) Make sure the hat is durable. You want a hat that is going to last through many hikes and adventures. Look for one that is made from high-quality materials.
Once having the hat is not enough, it is important to choose the right one depending on the activity. Different hats offer different levels of protection and comfort, so make sure to pick the right one for your needs. With these ten things in mind, you'll be sure to find the perfect hiking hat for your next adventure.
There you have it! Now that you know what to look for when choosing a hiking hat, put this advice to good use and pick out the perfect one for your next hike. Remember, a good hiking hat can make all the difference on your adventure. So choose wisely!