7 things to look for when choosing the best rated pocket knives
Pocket knives are one of the most versatile tools that you can carry with you. They can be used for a variety of purposes, both big and small. But with so many different pocket knives on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together this list of seven things to look for when choosing the best rated pocket knives.
1. Blade Type: There are a variety of different types of blades available in pocket knives, so it’s important to choose the one that best meets your needs. For instance, a drop-point blade is great for cutting and slicing tasks, while a tanto blade is suitable for piercing and stabbing.
2. Handle Material: The material used to make the handle can have an enormous impact on how comfortable and secure your grip will be. Look for materials such as G-10, titanium, aluminum, or stainless steel that provide superior durability and strength.
3. Lock Type: Pocket knife locks are designed to keep the blade securely closed when not in use and open smoothly when needed. Common lock types include liner locks, frame locks, and back locks.
4. Overall Length: The overall length of the pocket knife will determine how easy it is to carry and use. Longer knives are great for cutting through tougher materials, while shorter blades are better suited for everyday tasks.
5. Weight: A heavier pocket knife can be more difficult to carry in your pocket, so look for a lightweight model if you’ll be using it frequently throughout the day.
6. Clip Type: Most pocket knives come with a clip that allows you to easily attach them to your belt or other clothing items. Common styles include deep-carry clips and tip-up/tip-down clips.
7. Price Point: Finally, consider your budget when selecting a pocket knife – but don’t sacrifice quality for the price. Look for models from reputable brands that offer a lifetime warranty and superior materials. By taking the time to find the perfect pocket knife, you’ll be sure to have a reliable tool for years to come.
- Best Japanese Sunglasses Brands
- Best Sunglasses To Prevent Cataracts
- Best Underwear Under Yoga Pants
- Best Hiking Sunglasses Mens
- Best Polarized Sunglasses Under $100
Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocketknife, 3.4 inch Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade, Cerakote Blade Finish, SpeedSafe Opening, Reversible Pocketclip; 3.9 OZView on Amazon
CRKT M16-14SFG EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Special Forces Everyday Carry, Black Serrated Edge Blade, Tanto, Automated Liner Safety, Dual Hilt, G10 Handle, 4-Position Pocket ClipView on Amazon
Kershaw Clash Pocket Knife, Black Serrated (1605CKTST); 3.1” Stainless Steel Blade with Black-Oxide Coating; Glass-Filled Nylon Handle with SpeedSafe Opening and Reversible Pocketclip; 4.3ozView on Amazon
Kershaw Outright Pocketknife (8320); 3-inch Upswept 8Cr13MoV Steel Blade in Brilliant Blue; PVD Coated Steel Handle with G10 Front Overlay; SpeedSafe Assisted Opening; Deep Carry Pocketclip; 4 oz.View on Amazon
Spring Assisted Knife - Pocket Folding Knife - Military Style - Boy Scouts Knife - Tactical Knife - Good for Camping Hunting Survival Indoor and Outdoor Activities Mens Gift 6681View on Amazon
- BrandGRAND WAY
Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in S.S. Folding Knife with 3.1in Serrated Clip Point Blade and Aluminum Handle for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival and EDCView on Amazon
- BrandSmith & Wesson
Personalized Engraved Damascus Steel Pocket Folding Knife Handmade Quality 6.5'' Small Pocket Knives for Outdoor, Camping, Hiking Back Lock Blade Made of Authentic Damascus SteelView on Amazon
Kizer Original Folding EDC Knife, 154CM Steel Blade, Grey Aluminum Handle, 3 Inch Pocket Knife for Everyday Carry, V3605E3View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Without the best rated pocket knives, you won't be able to complete the most basic tasks quickly and efficiently. Be sure to consider all the factors above when choosing your pocketknife so that you can have a tool that will last for years to come. A quality knife is an investment in your future self, so don’t settle for anything less than the best.