Shoes are an important part of everyone's wardrobe, but for diabetics, they're essential. Finding the best shoes for diabetics can be tricky, but it's worth it to have a pair that feels good and keeps your feet healthy. Here are some tips on how to find the perfect shoes for you.
- BrandNew Balance
DENACARE Women's Wide Width Shoes with Adjustable Closure Lightweight for Diabetic Edema Plantar Fasciitis Bunions Arthritis Swollen Feet - SW3 BlackView on Amazon
DENACARE Women's Wide Width Shoes with Adjustable Closure Lightweight for Diabetic Edema Plantar Fasciitis Bunions Arthritis Swollen Feet - SW2 BlackView on Amazon
SAS Navigator Non-Slip Loafers for Men - Slip on Design, Water Resistant Upper, Soft and Lightweight Medicare Approved Shoes 9.5 W - Wide (E) BlackView on Amazon
Women's Air Cushion Slip-On Walking Shoes-Orthopedic Diabetic Walking Shoes, Breathable with Arch Support Knit Casual Shoes, Casual Air Cushion Platform Mesh Mules Sneaker Sandals (Dark Blue, 7.5)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying shoes for diabetics
When you have diabetes, it is important to take care of your feet. You need to make sure that you are wearing the right shoes when you go out. Here are twelve things to look for when buying shoes for diabetics.
1. Look for shoes that have a good fit. Nowadays, many shoes come in wide widths. You need to make sure that the shoes you buy are not too tight or too loose.
2. Make sure that the shoes have good arch support. This will help to keep your feet from getting tired when you walk or stand for long periods of time.
3. Look for shoes that have padded heels. This will help to cushion your feet and prevent blisters from forming.
4. If you are going to be doing a lot of walking, look for shoes with extra padding in the soles. This will give you more support and make walking easier on your feet.
5. Make sure that the shoes are made from breathable materials. This will help to keep your feet from getting sweaty and helps to prevent blisters.
6. Look for shoes that have velcro closures. This will make putting on and taking off your shoes much easier.
7. If you are going to be doing a lot of standing, look for shoes with good cushioning in the soles. This will help to take some of the pressure off of your feet.
8. Make sure that the shoes you buy have a warranty. This way, if something happens to them, you can get them replaced.
9. Be sure to try on the shoes before you buy them. Walk around in them a bit to make sure they are comfortable.
10. Ask your doctor or podiatrist for recommendations on what type of shoes you should buy.
11. When you are buying shoes online, be sure to read the return policy in case you need to return them.
12. Keep your receipt in case you need to return the shoes or exchange them for a different size.
8 reasons why you will need shoes for diabetics?
When you have diabetes, it is important to take care of your feet. You need to make sure that you are wearing the right shoes when you go out. Here are eight reasons why you will need shoes for diabetics.
1. To avoid foot problems – Wearing the wrong shoes can cause a number of foot problems, such as blisters, calluses, and bunions. Diabetic shoes are designed to reduce the risk of these problems occurring.
2. To improve blood circulation – Poorly fitting shoes can restrict blood flow to your feet, which can lead to complications such as numbness and tingling. Wearing diabetic shoes can help to improve circulation.
3. To protect your feet from injury – Diabetes can cause nerve damage, which can make your feet more susceptible to injury. Wearing the right shoes can help to protect your feet from cuts, scrapes, and bruises.
4. To relieve foot pain – If you suffer from foot pain, wearing diabetic shoes can help to relieve the pressure on your feet and improve comfort.
5. To reduce swelling – Swelling of the feet is a common problem for people with diabetes. Wearing shoes that are too tight can exacerbate this problem. Diabetic shoes are designed to provide a comfortable fit and help to reduce swelling.
6. To improve balance – Diabetes can cause problems with balance and coordination. Wearing shoes that offer good support can help to improve your balance and prevent falls.
7. To prevent ulcers – People with diabetes are at risk of developing foot ulcers. Wearing shoes that fit properly can help to prevent ulcers from forming.
8. To improve your quality of life – Wearing the right shoes can help you to stay active and independent. This, in turn, can improve your overall quality of life.
There are a number of reasons why you will need shoes for diabetics. Wearing the right shoes can help to prevent foot problems, improve circulation, and reduce swelling. Diabetic shoes can also help to improve your balance and prevent falls. If you suffer from diabetes, be sure to talk to your doctor about the best type of shoes for you.