Do you have high arches? If so, you know that finding shoes that are both comfortable and stylish can be a challenge. In this post, we'll share our picks for the best shoes for high arches. We'll also offer tips on how to choose the right shoes for your needs. Keep reading to learn more!
Gravity Defyer Women's G-Defy Mighty Walk Athletic Shoes 9.5 XW US - Women's Walking Shoes for Knee Pain Gray, PinkView on Amazon
- BrandGravity Defyer
Skechers Men's Gowalk Arch Fit-Athletic Workout Walking Shoe with Air Cooled Foam Sneaker, Grey/Navy, 8.5 X-WideView on Amazon
- BrandNew Balance
OrthoComfoot Mens Orthopedic Shoes,Diabetic Supportive Sneakers for Heel Pain/Heel Spurs,Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Driving Shoes for Flat Feet ZGBXOF02-W3-11View on Amazon
Shoes for Flat Feet Men, Plantar Fasciitis Canvas Loafer Shoes for Fallen Arches, Mens Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Size 10View on Amazon
Innovative Diabetic Boots for Men - Proven Comfort & Protection. Therapeutic with Arch Support, Arch Booster, Cushioning Ergonomic Sole & Extended Widths - Ranger by OrthofeetView on Amazon
MEGNYA Orthaheel Women Shoes for Walking, Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Sandals for Flat Feet and High Arches for Heel Relief Size 9View on Amazon
XPACS Womens Orthopedic Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief, Comfortable Arch Support Sneakers for Ortho Flat Feet, Orthaheel, Orthotics Supportive Shoes Black Size 8View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 things to look for when buying shoes for high arches
When you have high arches, it’s important to find shoes that provide the right kind of support. This can be tricky because not all shoes are created equal. Here are twelve things to look for when buying shoes for high arches:
1. A firm heel counter: This is the part of the shoe that surrounds the back of your heel. It should be firm and well-cushioned to provide support and prevent slippage. The heel counter should also be reinforced to prevent it from collapsing.
2. Arch support: This is one of the most important features to look for in shoes for high arches. The arch support should be firm and not collapse when you put weight on it. It should also be well-cushioned to provide comfort and shock absorption.
3. A deep heel cup: This helps to stabilize your foot and prevent it from sliding around inside the shoe. A deep heel cup also helps to redistribute your bodyweight evenly throughout your foot.
4. Ample toe box: This allows your toes to spread out and prevents them from being cramped inside the shoe. Having an ample toe box also helps to reduce the risk of developing blisters or other foot problems.
5. Breathable materials: It’s important to choose shoes that are made from breathable materials such as mesh or leather. This helps to keep your feet cool and dry, which is especially important if you have sweaty feet.
6. Cushioned insole: A cushioned insole provides comfort and absorbs shock when you walk or run. It’s a good idea to look for an insole that can be removed so that you can replace it with a custom one if needed.
7. Flexible sole: A flexible sole helps your foot to move more naturally, which reduces the risk of injury. It also provides better traction and makes it easier to walk on uneven surfaces.
8. Good traction: It’s important to choose shoes with good traction to prevent slipping, especially if you’ll be wearing them in wet or icy conditions.
9. Lightweight: High-arched feet tend to be more prone to fatigue, so it’s important to choose shoes that are lightweight and won’t add unnecessary stress to your feet.
10. Roomy toe area: This helps to reduce the risk of developing blisters or other foot problems. It also allows your toes to spread out and prevents them from being cramped inside the shoe.
11. Supportive upper: The upper part of the shoe should provide support for your foot without being too constricting. It should also be made from breathable materials to keep your feet cool and dry.
12. Water-resistant: If you live in a wet or icy climate, it’s a good idea to choose shoes that are water-resistant to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
7 reasons why you will need shoes for high arches?
1. To avoid foot pain: If you have high arches, you are more likely to experience foot pain due to the increased pressure on your feet. Wearing shoes that provide support can help to reduce this pain.
2. To improve balance: High arches can make it difficult to maintain your balance. Wearing shoes that provide support can help you to stay steadier on your feet.
3. To avoid injuries: High arches can also increase your risk of injuries, such as ankle sprains or Achilles tendonitis. Wearing supportive shoes can help to reduce this risk.
4. To improve performance: If you participate in activities that require quick movements, such as running or basketball, wearing shoes that provide support can help you to perform better.
5. To improve shock absorption: High arches can make it difficult for your feet to absorb shocks, which can lead to pain. Wearing shoes with cushioning can help to reduce this pain.
6. To avoid calluses and blisters: The increased pressure on your feet from high arches can also lead to the development of calluses and blisters. Wearing shoes that fit well and provide support can help to prevent these problems.
7. To improve comfort: Wearing shoes that provide support and cushioning can help to improve your overall comfort level when standing or walking for long periods of time.
If you have high arches, it’s important to choose shoes that provide support and cushioning. Wearing the wrong type of shoe can lead to foot pain, injuries, and other problems. However, choosing the right shoe can help you to avoid these issues and improve your overall comfort.