7 things to look for when choosing the best sunglasses for protection
When the weather starts to get nicer, many people will start looking for sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sun. But with so many different types of sunglasses on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are best for you. Here are seven things to look for when choosing the best sunglasses for protection:
1. UV protection. Make sure your sunglasses have a UV protection rating of 400 or higher. The reason for this is that UV radiation can damage the eyes over time, leading to cataracts and other vision issues.
2. Shape of the frames. The shape of your sunglasses’ frames will determine how well they protect your eyes from the sun’s rays. Choose a frame that offers full coverage for maximum protection.
3. Lens material. Make sure your sunglasses have lenses made from impact-resistant materials such as polycarbonate or trivex which are designed to withstand impact while still providing optimal clarity and vision protection.
4. Polarization. Look for polarized lenses that reduce glare by blocking out horizontally reflected light waves, allowing you to see more clearly in bright conditions and reducing eye strain over time.
5. Lightweight. Make sure your sunglasses are lightweight so you won’t feel weighed down when wearing them or be tempted to take them off too often.
6. Comfort. Look for sunglasses with adjustable nose pieces and temple pads that can help ensure a comfortable fit, as well as frames with an ergonomic design for maximum comfort and eye protection.
7. Style. The style of sunglasses you choose should depend on your own personal preference, but try to avoid glasses with large frames or bright colors that might attract extra attention from the sun’s rays.
By keeping these seven points in mind when shopping for sunglasses, you can make sure you find a pair that offers superior protection from the sun's harmful UV radiation while still looking stylish.
SUNGAIT Ultra Lightweight Rectangular Polarized Sunglasses UV400 Protection (Gunmetal Frame Gray Lens, 62) Metal Frame 2458 QKHView on Amazon
RIVBOS Polarized Mens Sunglasses Fashion UV Protection Sports Driving Baseball Golf Fishing RBS861-Full blackView on Amazon
Ray-Ban unisex adult Rb2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses, Gold Frame/Brown B-15XLT Lens, 55 mm USView on Amazon
Maui Jim Red Sands w/ Patented PolarizedPlus2 Lenses Polarized Lifestyle Sunglasses, Matte Black/Neutral Grey Polarized, LargeView on Amazon
- BrandMaui Jim
Maui Jim Women's Starfish w/ Patented PolarizedPlus2 Lenses Polarized Fashion Sunglasses, Black With Tortoise/Neutral Grey Polarized, MediumView on Amazon
- BrandMaui Jim
ROCKNIGHT Mens Driving Sunglasses for Women Sunglasses Polarized UV Protection Metal Frame Cool Sunglasses Outdoor Casual Sunglasses Hiking TravelView on Amazon
Polarized Wrap Around Sport Sunglasses for Men Women UV400 Running Fishing Driving Cycling Sun GlassesView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the best sunglasses in hand, you can protect your eyes from the sun’s rays while still looking stylish. Make sure to look for a UV protection rating of 400 or higher, choose frames that offer full coverage, and opt for polarized lenses with an ergonomic design for maximum comfort. By taking the time to find the right pair of sunglasses, you’ll be able to stay safe and stylish all season long.